Tanning Bed Safety from the FDA
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Tanning Safety and other Tanning Beds topics.
What is good advice on tanning safety?
Are tanning beds safe for your skin? The safety of tanning beds depends on your willingness to take precautions. If you have any tanning bed safety concerns, read these tips from the United States Food and Drug Administration:
- Indoor tanning salon safety is important. Burns from tanning bed lamps can lead to melanoma.
- Wear goggles that fit securely. Be sure goggles are not broken or cracked.
- Build your tan slowly, over time.
- During your first tanning bed session, do not stay in for the whole session to avoid burns.
- Only tan once per week for tanning bed safety. A tan or burn can take six to 48 hours to appear on your skin.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.