Using a Tanning Bed
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Tanning Beds and other Tanning Beds topics.
How do I use a tanning bed?
Here are some tanning bed tips and information about how to use a tanning bed:
- Call your local salon and find out what kinds of tanning beds are best to meet your needs.
- Ask about tanning packages to save money.
- Find out about tanning products to help achieve your look and keep your skin healthy. You can usually purchase these at the salon or from an online tanning supply company.
- Take a bag with a towel, tanning goggles, tanning products, and a ponytail holder or headband.
- When you get to the salon and enter the tanning room, be sure you have your tanning goggles. Always wear them when tanning.
- You can tan nude, wear underwear, or a swimsuit.
- Apply tanning lotion to your body. Use special lotion made just for your face.
- Put your hair back in a headband and/or pull your hair into a ponytail.
- If the tanning bed is horizontal, open the lid and lay down. Your salon may provide a pillow and fan (if there's not one built into the bed). Turn the fan on high.
- If you are using a stand up tanning bed, you may move around freely and raise your arms for an even tan.
- Be sure to put on your tanning goggles. Press the start button to begin.
- Relax and enjoy the rays. The light will turn off when you are finished.
- Wipe off with your towel and get dressed.
- Avoid bathing right away to preserve your tan.
- Always observe safety recommendations provided by your spa and tanning bed manufacturer. Do not exceed recommended tanning time.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.