February 26, 2010, Newsletter Issue #232: What Size Lamps Are Needed For Tanning Beds

Tip of the Week

You should always check the lamps you are currently using or the label on your tanning bed in order to determine what size replacement lamps you need to purchase. There are three main different sizes of lamps you could need: F71, F72, or F73. If you also need a facial lamp for your bed, you may also need to purchase an F59 lamp.

Most commonly, tanning beds use F71 lamps, which are about 71 inches long. These lamps are all 100 watts with two metal pins on each side, referred to as Bi-Pin; they simply twist into place much like any ceiling fluorescent light would.

Sometimes older tanning beds use F72 or F73 lamps. Instead of twisting these lights into place, they spring into place, have a black plastic cap on the end, and are referred to as RDC.

If you have an older, rare bed, you should always call a professional tanning bed lamp supplier before purchasing your lamps. It is extremely expensive to have your lamps shipped, realize you have the wrong size, and need to send them back.

About LifeTips

Now one of the top on-line publishers in the world, LifeTips offers tips to millions of monthly visitors. Our mission mission is to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. Expert writers earn dough for what they know. And exclusive sponsors in each niche topic help us make-it-all happen.

Exclusive Sponsor

Master Tanning offers high-performance, revolutionary tanning beds, lamps and supplies. The intelligently designed air-flow cooling system in the tanning beds and lamps keeps you cool and comfortable while you receive your beautiful, golden tan! Get rid of those annoying tan lines and get a perfect tan all over by having one of our top-notch tanning beds in the comfort of your home at a whole sale price. Make Tanning Convenient.Keep that radiant glow all year round!


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this Tanning Beds Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Jolyn Wells-Moran