What You Need to Start Your Tanning Business
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Tanning Salon Ownership and other Tanning Beds topics.
What do I need to start my tanning business?
The benefits of tanning salon ownership is twofold: You make money AND you get all the industry know-how to look great in every season. If you are starting a tanning salon business, here is a checklist of tanning equipment and supplies you will need to be a successful entrepreneur:
- At least one commercial tanning bed, possibly more, depending on your business plan. Successful tanning businesses usually offer a variety of tanning booths (stand up and lie down styles).
- A computer to keep track of your tanning bed timers.
- Spray or mist tanning equipment and supplies.
- Tanning lotions (tanning accelerators, tanning oils, sunscreen products, self-tanning products, etc.).
- Moisturizing products.
- A supply of protective goggles.
- Swimsuits, sunglasses, visors.
- Replacement bulbs and parts for your tanning beds.
- Safety signs.
- Seating and reading materials for your waiting room.
- Bottled water.
A good wholesale supplier will help you get your business started, from helping you with a business plan to selecting tanning booths that meet your needs. Look for financing, advice, and options at www.mastertanning.com.