Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Vitamin D and other Tanning Beds topics.
Do tanning beds really give you Vitamin D?
Do you get Vitamin D from tanning beds? Find the answer and more information about tanning beds and Vitamin D from these tips:
- Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin that is necessary for healthy teeth and bones. It is important for the metabolism of minerals, which play a part in immunity.
- Weak bones and kidney stones are symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency.
- Foods with Vitamin D include Vitamin D fortified milk, fatty fish, and fish oils.
- You can get Vitamin D when the skin is exposed to sunlight, or you can get Vitamin D from a tanning bed.
- In cities like Boston, the average amount of sunlight is not enough to provide sufficient Vitamin D in the winter months. Some people in these northern areas have noticed that using a tanning bed and Vitamin D absorption are related.
- If you use a tanning bed, Vitamin D will absorb the same way it does from the sun.
- There are many benefits to tanning in the winter, from positive tanning effects (like that golden glow) to Vitamin D absorption.
If you want to know more about Vitamin D and sun tanning beds, go to www.mastertanning.com. Always be safe when tanning. Wear sunscreen and only tan for manufacturer recommended amounts of time. If you think you have a Vitamin D deficiency, see your doctor.