The Benefits of UV Light
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Ultraviolet Light and other Tanning Beds topics.
What are the benefits of UV light?
What is ultraviolet light? UV light is defined as the invisible rays of the violet-end of the spectrum. Another way to define UV light is to say it is a short wavelength found naturally in sunlight. Here are some benefits of UV light:
- UV light can be used to treat depression.
- UV light helps treat jaundice, acne, and psoriasis.
- It is thought that UV light stimulates the thyroid gland, helping increase the metabolism and burn calories.
- It may reduce cholesterol in patients with hypertension.
- UV light is believed to lower blood pressure.
- Vitamin D production is activated by UV light.
- UV light is thought to increase levels of male and female sex hormones.
- The heart can become stronger and pump more blood with UV light stimulation.
Wear sunscreen when you are in the sun, or if you are using a tanning bed, to prevent damage from UV light. Overexposure can lead to burns. Consult your physician if you think you have any of the above problems. Self-diagnosis and treatment with UV light is not recommended without advice from your doctor.